Composer 2 Update
Thank you to all the stations that were able to attend our Schedule Features Sprint Demo webinar. We’re very excited to report that we have released the first set of new scheduling features for Composer 2! Below is a detailed list of new features you will be seeing in Composer 2 as of today:
- Recurring Air-times
- Schedule airtimes for biweekly, once every three weeks, once monthly, once every two months, etc.
- Human-readable summaries in airtime boxes, showing details about what you’ve scheduled.
- Grouping of ended airtimes on Program Details page
- Ended airtimes will show in a new section titled “Ended Airtimes”, below the live airtimes on the Program Details page.
- Grouping of ended airtimes on Program List page
- Ended airtimes will show in a new section at the bottom of the Program List page. Use the “Jump to ended airtimes” link to view, or just scroll down the page.
- 12:00am is now an acceptable start or end time for a program.
- No more program “ghosting” on the calendar
- Programs will show on the calendar as they would air. No more “ghosting” or overlap on the calendar.
- Overnight Airtimes and Episodes
- Schedule overnight episodes using one airtime (eg. 11pm - 1am). Previously, you would be required to schedule two airtimes, one from 11pm - 11:59pm, and one from 12:01am - 1am. This will allow you to schedule one playlist for an overnight airtime instead of two.
- Note: This change will not fix existing overnight airtimes. To adjust to the new format, end your current airtimes with an end date, and create a new overnight airtime. This will ensure that none of your historical playlists are deleted.
- Longer Calendar Provisioning
- Calendar content will show 365 days into the future (instead of 30 days).
- Note: The provisioning of shows out for 365 days is currently running. You may not see the full content for 365 days until tomorrow. From today on, a script will run overnight to make sure programming is provisioned to 365 days from the current date.
- Episode-Specific Notes
- New notes field on each episode allow you to enter episode-specific information, such as host or programming changes.
- 240 character limit.
- Note: Episode notes are currently internal only. This will be re-evaulated during the playlist overhaul.
COMPOSER 2 SUPPORT
Please continue to submit tickets about any questions or issues you have with Composer 2. Please allow 2 business days for us to respond to and address your questions. If urgent, please call us during
Director of Station Relations and Communications
NPR Digital Services