Over the last month we have released updates to both of our API WordPress plugins. Both releases include a number of bug fixes, improved usability regarding configuring the plugin, and support for PHP 7 and WordPress 4.9. The updated versions of the plugins, along with FAQs and documentation, can be found in GitHub, WordPress.org, and via the plugin admin in WordPress sites.
Details about the NPR Story API plugin:
- Fixes issue preventing pushing to the API, introduced in V1.7.
- Fixes issue where images were not properly sideloaded.
- Fixes invalid GMT offset error when creating new DateTimeZone object in post metabox.
- When interacting with a site using the plugin in an unconfigured state, users will be prompted to set the NPR Story API Push URL.
- Miscellaneous code quality improvements.
Details about the PMP plugin:
- Adds support for PHP 7.
- Removes support for PHP versions before 5.5, and sets a Requires PHP: 5.5 flag in readme.txt.
- Add support for WordPress versions up to 4.9.
- Allows sites to unset credentials in the plugin admin.
- Changes the default environment of the plugin to the sandbox environment: new installations of the plugin will not automatically use production credentials but must be configured to.
- Improved test coverage.
- Improved documentation for installation through channels other than WordPress.org.